Going Deeper - More About Ayurveda
Sonam will feel the pulse on your wrist and look at your tongue for further information and to determine the presenting pattern underlying the symptoms.
Palpating the radial artery at the wrist is a traditional Ayurvedic tool used to assess the way the life-energy (“ener-chi” ) moves through the organs and tissues. Looking at the tongue gives a tremendous amount of information to the well-trained eye:
- Is the food being digested/assimilated?
- Are the wastes being efficiently eliminated?
- Is the spine flexible?
- Is the nervous system hyperactive?
- What organ systems are in excess?
- Is there a stagnant excess?
- Is there a deficiency?